Saturday, March 8, 2014

I'm baaaaack!!

So...I managed to go a while year without a single blogpost.
Life gets in the way, I guess. Since then I've had my daughter and my grandson come live with us and life can get a little hectic.

 I just bought a Thomas Thorspecken book called Urban Sketching. Not only is it a great resource, but he has some good tips on becoming accountable for your own development!
 One tip is to sketch once a day.....and post it on your blog! The idea being that you become more 'accountable' and it's a good way to see your progress. That's the selling point for me. I have so many books and I work across many of them concurrently, so it's hard to gauge progress accurately!

Now, as you can see, I'm not just a sketcher! Actually, I'm a scanner personality, which means I flit from one  technique and  medium to another...never perfecting, but not becoming bored or stale either, I hope!

 So, even though it's a little late for a New Years Resolution, let's consider this one.
 I vow to post my work/ play....no matter how awful, or ( hopefully) awesome it may be.

 Today. I pulled out a photo from a visit to Sydney. I LOVE the Queen Victoria Building. I can just imagine the 'fine folk'  that would have promenaded down those halls, peeking into the lavish shops with their scrumptious wares. The ladies, flapping their fans and the men, twirling their waxed moustaches! Ahhhhhhh!  I'm such an old fashioned girl at heart!



No comments: